RPA Designation Criteria
Qualification criteria for attaining the RPA Designation are:
TO BECOME A RPA :
1. Meet all requirements for membership listed in the Society's bylaws.
2. Have a minimum of 5 years' experience in one of the occupational categories acceptable for membership (i.e. Claims Adjuster, Supervisor/Manager/Educator of Adjusters), and an AIC, SCLA, or similar designation; OR have a minimum of 10 years' experience in one of the occupational categories acceptable for membership.
3. Pass the RPA Designation Exam*.
Recognizing the knowledge and experience of those
individuals who have committed their life to the industry, an RPA exam
is waived with appropriate documentation of 20 or more years in the
industry AND (as referenced above) either a recognized insurance designation OR
a license issued by a State insurance agency.
TO BECOME A RPA CANDIDATE:
1. Meet all requirements for regular membership listed in the Society's bylaws.
2. Have a minimum of 2 years' experience adjusting claims.
3. Have successfully completed AIC, SCLA Designation, or similar.
The RPA Credentials Committee reviews all applications - a process that takes 45 to 60 days. Applications are reviewed only when the required documentation has been submitted along with the completed application and matriculation fee.